Bulgur, a precooked and cracked whole wheat, is a great ingredient with low glycemic index carbs, low fat and about 12 grams of protein per 100 grams.
Use it to make this fast and delicious summery lunch!
– let the bulgur swell in 2 volumes of boiled chicken broth for about ten minutes.
– in the meantime, chop up some chicken breast filet in cubes, season and bake.
– Add a handful of chopped macadamia nuts, sultanas, chopped dried apricot, pomegranate seeds and chopped fresh mint to the boiled bulgur.
– Stir in a teaspoon of spicy harissa.
– Add chicken.
– Eat either hot, or put in the fridge to enjoy later as a refreshing lunch!