An ideal breakfast should be packed with complex carbs, protein and healthy fats.
Oatmeal has been a classic for ages, and for good reason:
- it’s a source of complex carbs.
- it’s rich in fiber, keeping you full longer.
- it lowers cholesterol and stabilizes blood sugar.
- it provides precious minerals: thiamin, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, selenium, and iron.
You can improve on this old-time classic by stirring a scoop of protein powder, like Ellen Hoog’s pea protein, through your oats to add a serious serving of protein to make a true breakfast of champions.
Why not try this recipe as a quick, healthy breakfast to get you going?
- 40 grams of oats.
- 1 scoop of Ellen Hoog’s vanilla pea protein powder, yielding 20 grams of protein.
- About 200 ml of milk, or an alternative like almond or soy milk.
- Handful of blueberries.
Prepare the oats with slightly more liquid than usual, then whisk the protein powder through, add a handful of berries (and nuts or other fruit to your liking), and voilà: a power breakfast to kickstart your day!